Weekly Mondays with Moms! An unstructured time for kids and moms to meet together on the gym playground (or in the gym) every Monday from 10:00 AM to Noon. The goal is for kids to play together and for moms to encourage one another!
Monthly Nurturing Moms! Our pastor’s wife, Helen Atwood, leads a special meeting with moms the first Friday of every month (10:00 AM to Noon) in the Fellowship Hall during the school year to discuss topics from a chosen parenting book. It’s a great time for ladies to get together for coffee/tea and some good conversation! Childcare is provided.
Yearly Kids’ Activities!
- April 22– TruckFest – Kids will enjoy trucks and vehicles of all shapes and sizes with lots of hands-on activities and food truck treats too!
- April 9 - Resurrection Sunday Breakfast for kids in the gym at 9:30 AM to celebrate Jesus’ Resurrection!
- May (TBD) – 4th & 5th Grade End-of-Year Retreat to Lookup Lodge
- July 13–16 – Lake Junaluska SG Family Retreat – A great time for parents and kids together!
- August 7–10 – Join us for Vacation Bible School where kids will make great memories together as they learn about the One who loves them with an Everlasting Love!
- August 26 – Back-to-School Splash – Fun for kids of all ages includes inflatable waterslides, kiddie pools, cookout and more!
- October – Heroes of the Faith – A month-long Kids Church series on those past and present who were amazing men and women of faith. We will end the series on the last Sunday with everyone dressing up as their favorite example of a faithful follower of Jesus!
- December 10 – Journey to Bethlehem – A special celebration of Jesus’ Birth with the King’s Kids Choir, Worship Dance Team and an opportunity to visit the place of Jesus’ Birth as we walk through the little town of Bethlehem and experience the sights and sounds of Hope, Peace, Joy and Love coming to earth wrapped in swaddling clothes!
- January - Let’s Go Lego – A fun month-long Kids Church program developed by one of our wonderful Kids Church Leaders, Mr. Bob Clawson, where kids are given the opportunity to build and race Lego cars based on the number of Bible verses they look up and report about in their provided journals.