- St. Giles Loaves & Fishes Food drive on Sunday, Feb. 25. Please bring your items and place in the grocery cart outside the church foyer.
- Items needed: Canned meat, canned pasta, canned fruit, cereal
- Room in the Inn: March 8 & 9
- Join us as we care for our city’s homeless, our “neighbors,” this winter through Room in the Inn, an outreach of the Urban Ministry Center. St. Giles will be partnering with St. Andrews United Methodist Church across the street to host 12 neighbors providing them with a warm place to sleep, two hot meals and a brown bag lunch. Use tabs above to toggle between event dates. Please stop by the signup table after the service. contact Gina Stasko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to sign up for the March 8 & 9 volunteer opportunities: Room in the Inn
- Pregnancy Resource Center “Celebrate Life Benefit Dinner” on March 8
THIS IS YOUR CHANCE to come see, hear, and be apart of the incredible work of our God who in 2017, saved 1,273 babies and their mothers were spared from the heartbreak of abortion. We give Him all praise!
Each year the gifts received from our ‘Celebrate Life Benefit Dinner’ provide a significant portion of our annual budget. We invite you to come enjoy Mac Powell, who you know best as the artist with a passion for Christ lived out in the music and faith of the band THIRD DAY.
To register, click here: PRC Celebrate Life Dinner
- Homeless Resource Center: St. Giles Local Outreach Ministry is glad to partner with the Homeless Resource Center (HRC). The HRC provides dinner to 75-150 hungry people the 3rd Friday of each month in uptown Charlotte. We are looking to connect with anyone you know who would be willing to donate food, paper products, or provide food at their cost. If you can provide a link to a restaurant owner or caterer (or someone who loves to cook). Please contact Judith Berbiglia for details #980-219-7728 or email@example.com.
- St. Giles Loaves & Fishes pantry is in need of a few volunteers on Wednesday of each week. If you can help, contact Jennifer Basquin at 704-906-3058 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Room in the Inn
The local outreach committee unites with our neighbors, St. Andrews in hosting homeless men in conjunction with Room in the Inn in Dec, Jan, Feb & March each year. A church van driver is needed to pick up our neighbors from Urban Ministries and then drop them off at St. Andrews. If interested, contact Gina Stasko at email@example.com.
World Outreach Committee
The St. Giles World Outreach committee exists to provide prayer, communication and financial support to our missionaries on the field and to equip and encourage the members of St. Giles to proclaim the Kingdom of the Lord Jesus in their own world and to the ends of the earth. St. Giles supports 17 missionaries/ missionary families financially and through prayer and communications support and we enthusiastically support Engage 2025, our denomination’s church planting initiative http://www.epc.org/ministries/world-outreach/about-engage-2025/ . If you are interested in learning more about St Giles ministry to the Nations, contact John Price at JohnBonnie.Price@gmail.com.
The St. Giles Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry has been giving food to over 200 people a week in our community for over 30 years. We currently have about forty volunteers from several churches volunteering their time on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1:00-4:00 pm. We always welcome more volunteers and donations! If you would like to volunteer or for more information on this ministry, contact the church office or St. Gile’s Loaves & Fishes director, Jennifer Basquin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Outreach Committee
We are committed to loving and serving people in the name of Jesus. Outreach is not a project, plan, or simply a day you circle on your calendar. It is not a task, but involves a conversation with the lonely, kindness to the stranger, and acts of service to the needy. It often requires sacrifice and compels an individual to move beyond their comfort zone. Outreach is a lifestyle. At St Giles, we are committed to seeing corporate outreach carried out together as a body of believers. However, we also believe that outreach should go beyond the confines of organized structure and into the the schools, neighborhoods, and workplaces of individual believers. Ultimately, outreach is a lifestyle. We are committed to providing opportunities for the body to serve the needs of the local community. We are also committed to encouraging the body to making outreach a part of their lifestyle. Finally, we are committed to seeing the body adequately equipped to do the works of ministry of outreach.
Here are a few current outreach partnerships
- Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry
- Love INC
- Pregnancy Resource Center
- Samaritan’s Purse “Operation Christmas Child” shoe box ministry
- Room in the Inn is a ministry that partners with local churches to provide food and shelter to homeless people during the winter months. Churches offer a warm, safe place to sleep, serves three meals (dinner, breakfast and bag lunch) and then return guests the following morning to uptown Charlotte. The program is a unique way for people of faith to become directly involved with people who are homeless. St. Giles is pleased to partner with St. Andrew’s UMC to provide meals for homeless guests.
For more information on this ministry, contact Bud Carrier at email@example.com.
Aletheia – pronounced (al ay `thi ah) is the Greek word for “truth” found in scripture. The name Aletheia was birthed from the scripture John 8:32, “and you shall know the Truth (Aletheia) and the Truth shall set you free.” This ministry is a unique inner healing and deliverance ministry whose sole purpose is to get to the root of those areas that hinder your personal relationship with God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit so that you can walk in the destiny to which you have been called. To learn more and to schedule an appointment, visit Aletheia’s website www.aministries.com.