Children’s Ministry Director
Steve & I both enjoy working with the children and families at St. Giles. Our heart is to see our kids grow into mighty men and women of God who know and love Him intimately. I have had the privilege of serving on the St. Giles Staff since returning from mission work in Poland in 1995. I became the Children’s Ministry Director in 1997 and met Steve several years later at a Children’s Ministry Conference. We were married here at St. Giles and are so thankful for our church family. We enjoy spending time outside in God’s creation hiking in the mountains, walking on the beach or just relaxing in our own backyard and know we are so blessed in this great adventure with Him!
Creation Kids: Infants – Preschool
9:30 am Sunday School Classes teaching foundational truths for preschoolers & loving childcare for infants & walkers. Location: Administration Bldg 10:30 am Nursery Classes staffed with dedicated volunteers for all ages. Location: Administration Bldg
Wednesday Evening IGNITE
Several times throughout the year we get together as a church and enjoy a catered meal at 5:30 pm and then have classes and programs for all ages at 6:30 pm. 2017 dates: We just ended our Spring semester. Fall Semester Dates: Oct. 18 – Nov. 15.
King’s Kids: 1st – 5th Grade
9:30 am Sunday School Classes for K-2nd gr. & 3rd-5th gr. – Opportunities for children to grow deeper in their understanding of God’s Word through exciting, interactive Bible lessons. Location: Gym
10:30 am Kids Church – Kids move directly from Sunday School into Kids Church every Sunday except on Communion Sunday (1st Sunday). On this Sunday, they are escorted to the sanctuary to sit with their families for worship & communion. They are released to Kids Church with their leaders. Location: Fellowship Hall.
King’s Kids 2nd Sunday Nights (Kids2S) meets the 2nd Sunday each month at 5:30 – 7:30 pm in the King’s Kids Room! Calling all 1st – 5th graders! ** Currently on summer break – will start again in Sept. **
Vacation Bible School: June 26 – 30!
MegaSports Camp for kids 4 years – rising 6th grade.
- Mini MegaSports Camp for ages 4 years – rising K (attend centers & play recreational games each evening).
- MegaSports Camp for rising 1st – 6th graders: basketball, cheerleading, flag football and soccer (Kids choose one to attend the entire week.)We are excited about this year’s Conquer the Day MegaSports Camp 2017 (June 26 – 30 ~ 5:45 – 8:00 pm) and would love for your kids to attend! There is no cost and here’s what they can expect: Chef Alan’s yummy Concession Stand “light supper meal”, great coaches to lead them in their chosen sport activity, pretty cool Bible lessons and tons of fun every night as they meet new friends and learn more about Jesus! We have two tracts:
- A special Invitation for your family! On Friday night, please come to the Family Fun Finale Rally at 5:45 pm for the entire family with a Hot Dog Dinner and waterslide fun for the kids. They can wear their bathing suits and bring a towel.
- To register your child/children for VBS, click here: VBS REGISTRATION
VBS Volunteers Needed
- Many hands are needed to help with set up the week of June 19-22 & on Sunday, June 25. You have the opportunity to make a difference for eternity! Here are just a few of the many great volunteer opportunities:
- VBS Set Up Volunteers _ Week Prior to VBS June 19 – 21
- Huddle Coaches – Mentor a small group 4 or 5 kids for the week
- Preschool Huddle Coaches – Leading a small group of kids from center to center each night.
- Preschool Center Coaches – Responsible for preparing and leading activities in the centers (Craft, Recreation, Music)
- Concession Stand Preparers & Servers – Helping set up and serve snacks under the leadership of Head Chef Coaches Alan & Jean Vaughn
- Clean Up Crews – Friday Night volunteers needed to help put things away and get the campus back in order for Sunday
- To sign up to volunteer, click here
Nursery Volunteer Schedule
Click on the following link to check out the Creation Kids (Infant – Preschool) Nursery Schedule: Jan – May 2017
Nurturing Moms Group
** Currently on Summer break and will meeting again in Sept** All moms are invited to the group “Nurturing Moms” led by Helen Atwood. Helen invites you to be a part of this loving community of women as they lean into the high calling of motherhood. This year they will read the book, Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas. Location: Fellowship Hall. A nursery is provided. To RSVP for childcare, please contact Chengali Brooks: call / text 803-280-2131 or email email@example.com.
- Friday Morning 10 am – 12: First Friday of each month: Currently on Summer break!
- Sunday Night 5:45 – 7:30 pm: Currently on Summer break!